Fall TGPR Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall TGPR Event

Unfortunately our Autocross season has hit a few snags this year... But I have some good news! Alabama SCCA does more than just autocross! There are plenty of opportunities to participate in our Fall Track Event at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway!

PDX - That's essentially just a Track Day or HPDE but it's part of an SCCA event so it'll be well organised and safe. We also provide instructors for Novices at no extra charge and most likely your autocross car is ready to go (see the rules if you have a convertible). There's even a newly discounted 1-day option for only $160!

Workers - To be able to put on these events we rely on volunteers. We'll need help in Timing and Scoring, Flagging and Communications, Registration as well as Pit and Grid. You'll also receive some cash for gas money, lunch and free laps at the end of the day!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or on the appropriate forum.
    Last edited by DelanieC; 09-07-2016, 07:50 AM.
    Delanie Calhoun
    '90 Spec Miata
    '13 Ford Focus ST

I'm game for some F&C.

Registered on MSR at https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...1#.V8-XyjXCbsU
    Charley D'Ambrose
    Boy I remember the first time I got shot out of a cannon!

'04 Pure White Mazda Miata - STR 77

Comment

Thanks Charley!
      Delanie Calhoun
      '90 Spec Miata
      '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

I'm planning to be there...hopefully driving something. I'm trying to talk a friend out of his ITS car for TT but if that doesn't pan out I may bring the FR-S for the PDX.
        Rod H
        Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

Hopefully I will make it to the PDX. I will check the rules on the convertibles, but if it is the same as Porsche track days at Barbers, I'm in.

Comment

I think I remember your car having a four-point roll bar in which case you're good to go!

"Convertible vehicles operating with the factory roll over protection system are allowable. Other convertibles must have either a factory hardtop or a 4 point roll bar. If a roll bar is used, it must meet the roll bar requirements found in the TT/HC Driver Information TTR."
            Delanie Calhoun
            '90 Spec Miata
            '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Yes, Kirk bar. I'm good. Hope to be there. Supposed to be watching my daughter run a Cross Country event out of town, but hopefully the 100's and 100's of hours I've spent coaching softball will offset my missing this one event.

Comment

Originally posted by rlcsolo2 View Post
                Yes, Kirk bar. I'm good. Hope to be there. Supposed to be watching my daughter run a Cross Country event out of town, but hopefully the 100's and 100's of hours I've spent coaching softball will offset my missing this one event.
                Did you type that with a straight face, cause I couldn't read it without lol.
                Rod H
                Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

Registration closes tomorrow night so if you're planning on working or driving, please register ASAP! Of course we'll accept late entries but, ya know... Register!
                  Delanie Calhoun
                  '90 Spec Miata
                  '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

We're looking better for drivers than last fall but workers, not so much. I can think of a few people that told me they were going to work the event that I didn't see register. It's OK, I know things come up but we could really use a few more workers. Right now we barely have enough to scrape by. You can email me at delaniecalhoun@gmail.com or PM me.
                    Delanie Calhoun
                    '90 Spec Miata
                    '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                    X