Spring Track Event at TGPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Track Event at TGPR

Registration is now open for our Spring Track Event April 9-10 at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway! This event includes our Time Trial School which can take you from a Novice Permit to a full SCCA Time Trial License in one weekend.

Registration is on Motorsportreg.com. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
    Last edited by DelanieC; 02-10-2016, 12:22 AM.
    Delanie Calhoun
    '90 Spec Miata
    '13 Ford Focus ST

Registered for the PDX. This year I'm actually driving. After last year this will be a blessing. Yippee !

Comment

PDX?! What's that?
      John W8
      CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

I plan to drive this time whether it's the FRS in the "PDX" or something racey for TT.
        Rod H
        Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

When I see the words "Track Event" I honestly think of a track meet with hurdles
          and the high jump and that sort of stuff.
          John W8
          CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Originally posted by JohnW8 View Post
            When I see the words "Track Event" I honestly think of a track meet with hurdles
            and the high jump and that sort of stuff.
            I don't... Because fat.
            Delanie Calhoun
            '90 Spec Miata
            '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

It's also called:

2016 No Frills Time Trial, Time Trial School, and PDX

...yes, the PDX is the same as a "Track Day"

Come on out everyone for the season opener for the South-East Division Time Trial Championship series. If you're not ready for Time Trialing yet, bring out your daily driver and have some fun and get some great instruction under the PDX event.
              Tony Ewing
              '04 Mazda RX8 (Titanium Grey)
              '05 Mazda MSM (Lava Orange)
              '99 Mazda Miata (Green/Yellow, for TT)

Comment

I'm registered, now I have to build a car. HAHA
                Brett W
                Fusion Works

Follow us on Facebook
                Fusion Works

Comment

I'm signed up but I'm trying to decide whether or not to run PDX again or do the TT school. I'm looking at the rules at http://www.scca.com/pages/time-trials and I don't see any mention of fire suits. If my memory serves me though I thought they were required. Also I'm assuming that my car would fall in some sort of catch all class too. Can anyone provide a link that might be a bit more informative and/or clarify all that I would need to step up to TT from PDX?
                  Brandon Roberts
                  Lotus Seven replica - Yamaha R1, book chasis
                  Lola T-640/644 - GSXR 1000
                  Extreme Kart - Briggs & Stratton World Formula
                  Birel B25 - Comer C-51

Comment

Check this page out...

http://www.alscca.net/index.php/tt-license

Also check out www.sedivtt.com as well for good information
                    Mark K
                    1989 BMW 325i
                    1990 BMW 325i
                    2013 BMW 135i

Comment

Originally posted by e30Racer View Post
                      Check this page out...

http://www.alscca.net/index.php/tt-license

Also check out www.sedivtt.com as well for good information
                      Thank you, that's just what I needed.
                      Brandon Roberts
                      Birel B25 - Comer C-51

Comment

And as of this year the physical is no longer required for a full license.
                        Delanie Calhoun
                        '90 Spec Miata
                        '13 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by DelanieC View Post
                          And as of this year the physical is no longer required for a full license.
                          I did make note of that from the sediv site. Its a pretty simple short list of items. I guess I'll be placing an order with summit really soon for more safety equipment.

Does the fire suit need to be a one piece unit or is the jacket and pants style gear acceptable as well?

When it references head and neck restraints does this refer to a neck brace or is a Hans device expected?

I sent and email as directed about getting a logbook for my car. Would it be better to go ahead and send in the novice permit application or just wait and do the TT school at the spring TGPR event?

By the way, sorry for any stupid questions. I'm in the process of reading through the GCR (little free time on my hands).
                          Brandon Roberts
                          Birel B25 - Comer C-51

Comment

The drivers suit needs to be a 1 peice style. You can get a 2 or 3 layer suit and not be required to have the Nomex undies. As far as I know the head and neck restraint is not required but is recommended. I use a Hans and Delanie, has a Nextgen, I think. Just sign up for the TT School and get all your gear (gloves, arm restraints, Nomex socks, fire retardant shoes, SA2010 or newer helmet, a balaclava if you have facial hair and a fire extinguisher for the car. You have a race seat and harnesses) When you come out to the event you'll get your logbook and you can fill out your novice permit at the event. Once you complete the school the chief instructor or chief steward can sign off on your permit which will allow you to obtain your tt license.
                            John W8
                            CSP 10 Yellow Miata

Comment

Originally posted by JohnW8 View Post
                              The drivers suit needs to be a 1 peice style. You can get a 2 or 3 layer suit and not be required to have the Nomex undies. As far as I know the head and neck restraint is not required but is recommended. I use a Hans and Delanie, has a Nextgen, I think. Just sign up for the TT School and get all your gear (gloves, arm restraints, Nomex socks, fire retardant shoes, SA2010 or newer helmet, a balaclava if you have facial hair and a fire extinguisher for the car. You have a race seat and harnesses) When you come out to the event you'll get your logbook and you can fill out your novice permit at the event. Once you complete the school the chief instructor or chief steward can sign off on your permit which will allow you to obtain your tt license.
                              Good summary John. I remember the same dilemma when I started, I started PDX in one car but wanted to move into TT. I didn't want to convert my daily into a race car so I ended up shopping around for one that I could convert. This will most likely lead to maintaining a dedicated race car which all racers need to do anyway; which is what happened to me.
                              Tony Ewing
                              '04 Mazda RX8 (Titanium Grey)
                              '05 Mazda MSM (Lava Orange)
                              '99 Mazda Miata (Green/Yellow, for TT)

Comment

Working...
                              X