Alabama Region Sports Car Club of America

Alabama Region Sports Car Club of America (http://www.alscca.net/community/index.php)
-   Solo Results (http://www.alscca.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2018 ALSCCA Points 7 Talladega (http://www.alscca.net/community/showthread.php?t=5306)

MilesCrabbe 09-16-2018 06:12 PM

2018 ALSCCA Points 7 Talladega

3 Attachment(s)
Results are posted. Reminder: only your first 8 runs counted towards results, all the other runs were fun runs.

MilesCrabbe 09-16-2018 06:13 PM

Aaaand points

1 Attachment(s)
Here are points after event 7.

jbass1911 09-16-2018 06:40 PM

I really appreciate everyone's extra effort to put on this event. It seemed pretty busy today, but I think it went pretty well.

MilesCrabbe 09-16-2018 07:12 PM

Some fun stats about today

45 drivers completed 535 laps (+/- a few for runs while I was saving results) in about 4 hours 45 minutes. 2 drivers had 20+ runs before we quit entering names into the computer.

rodhx 09-16-2018 07:58 PM

Bigger turnout than expected, fun course, and everyone seemed to have a good time. Well done everyone!

JohnW8 09-17-2018 10:05 AM

I had a great time yesterday. It was a bit hectic getting grid figured out but once settled I think it flowed pretty well. WoW! 535 runs! Not quite the million I was predicting but close. Congrats to Rod Hardiman for the E Street win. Josh and I shoulda done better since we were all cheated up with the wide 7" wheels. Thanks to the core group that seem to make the impossible happen. We need to start training some of the dozens of novices that come to the events in the fine details of tech, T&S, Grid, Worker Chief. So they can help out in a pinch. Great job ALSCCA. If you stayed at home you missed some close competition and fun with cars!

JohnW8 09-17-2018 10:10 AM

Congrats to Miles Crabbe for the awesome 22.5 run!
Are you sure you want to sell that car?

jbass1911 09-17-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnW8 (Post 49688)

Happens to everybody after they drive a Miata.

MilesCrabbe 09-17-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnW8 (Post 49688)
Congrats to Miles Crabbe for the awesome 22.5 run!

Nope, but what isn't recorded is my 23.1 in Chris's miata... in my second ever run not in a mustang. Testing the miata was interesting, and my driving style fits it more than the mustang. Being able to do things in slaloms without them all resulting in understeer was new.

But I REALLY like torque and I really like the sway bar change I made before the event. That car is fun again which it wasn't the first half of this year and really showed. Any time I tried to do anything remotely fast, I spun, no such issues this weekend.

For sale sign is not yet attached to the stang.

rodhx 09-17-2018 09:25 PM

There is very little wrong with a decent STR Miata, of any variety, when it comes to pure fun on an autocross course. If the NB finally gets moved to STS I probably won't be able to resist duplicating the setup I had on my previous Miata.

rodhx 11-08-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilesCrabbe (Post 49683)
Here are points after event 7.

I was looking over the points and noticed in XP that "Adam Meeker" at points 7 should have been "Alex Meeker". That would bump Alex up to 2nd in the standings.

BTW, can we please find a way to post PDFs or something that will open on mobile devices? The current uploads do not work for me at all unless I'm on a windows machine.

MilesCrabbe 11-08-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodhx (Post 49787)
I was looking over the points and noticed in XP that "Adam Meeker" at points 7 should have been "Alex Meeker". That would bump Alex up to 2nd in the standings.

BTW, can we please find a way to post PDFs or something that will open on mobile devices? The current uploads do not work for me at all unless I'm on a windows machine.

I'll work on something. Steve Conrad offered hosting the html on TAC's server while figure something out so it would open like a webpage. This format is just what is spit out by default from Axware.

I'll fix Adam/Alex and do a thorough audit of points before the last event.

rodhx 11-08-2018 04:14 PM

Just converting those axware pages to pdf would probably fix it.