Alabama Region Sports Car Club of America  

Go Back   Alabama Region Sports Car Club of America > Events > Time Trials

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 10:31 PM   #1
JohnW8
I like yellow.

Default TGPR time trial and track event workers neede

Please come out and help us with putting on the Fall event of the Alscca/TVR time trial and track event on September 23-24, 2017.

We need a few hands to put on these events. We need a couple more corner workers, a couple to work grid. It's usually low key and a fun day at the track.

We need your help. If you want these events to continue, step up and help your friends and fellow club members.

We'll feed you and give you some gas money and even give you a few laps around the track at the end of each day.

Put the football games on record and come to the track!

Thanks!

Register at motorsportreg.com

Last edited by JohnW8; 09-13-2017 at 09:44 AM.
JohnW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:34 AM   #2
chuck schultz
Pro-Racer

Here's a direct link - http://bit.ly/2w7wpNT

To prevent the common, logical spelling error (there's only one s in motorsportreg.com) you can type msreg.com, instead, and it'll redirect.

I'll be there, at least one day, but I might enter the PDX instead of being a worker bee, this time, if a car's ready.

http://csgoodphotos.com or http://art.csgoodphotos.com
chuck schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
JohnW8
I like yellow.

Thanks Chuck. I did that on my phone last night after the board meeting with plans on attaching a proper link once I got to a computer.

We needs more entries and a few more workers. This is a great time of the year to get on track and enjoy the cool fall air and hang out with friends. Come get your late summer track fix at the best little track in east Alabama.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
DelanieC
Racer

We still have two very important worker positions to fill: Race Control and Grid. If you have any interest in learning these skills, this is the event to do it!
DelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:07 AM   #5
DelanieC
Racer

Registration closes tonight! And we still need to fill the very important worker positions mentioned above...
Old 09-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
DelanieC
Racer

We still desperately need workers! If you can come help, even for just one day, send me a message.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:10 AM   #7
viccath5
Rookie

Default thanks

thanks to ALSCCA for the PDX this past weekend. My first ever and had a great time. A special thanks to my trainers Rod and Clayton who were a huge help.
viccath5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #8
JohnW8
I like yellow.

I made it to the Sunday sessions and had a great time although not great enough to overtake Clayton Pannell for the win in ITA. Congrats Clayton!
I also was given an opportunity to drive Andy Tow's Smurfinator. What a blast to drive! Shredded tires and still putting down 1:12s in a 100hp, 175000 mile 1.6L engine. I can see the attraction, I just don't have room for another car. Thanks for the drive Andy!
It was good to see some old friends and eat up some old tires. Good job to Delanie and Serena Calhoun and Tony Ewing for a job well done.
Thanks for what you do. I sure wish the track could get a repave.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #9
DelanieC
Racer

I need to say A HUGE thank you to the ALSCCA workers who came out and helped work this event.

Miles Crabbe pulled double duty with Timing and Scoring as well some Race Control. Alex and Stephanie McNair helped in Timing and Scoring on Saturday. Charles D'Ambrose worked turn two. Johnathan Lovell worked turn six. Josh Bassett worked Grid. Hans Mohnen and Jeff MacDonald were our starters as well as a trainee, Christine Fairweather. Ken Ostrye helped with Race Control on Sunday and Serena Calhoun worked registration.

Working and participating were Robert Russom and Andy Tow taking care of the safety steward duties.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:33 AM   #10
DelanieC
Racer

And I'm hugely in error for forgetting to mention Wally Lacey being our chief instructor for this event! He took on a very intimidating position and did an amazing job. The PDX program absolutely made this event a financial success and it wouldn't have been possible without Wally and those that were willing to help instruct (Rod Hardiman and Justin Wilder).
Old 09-27-2017, 09:58 PM   #11
Welacey
Racer

Going over my car, found that the Master cylinder was deteriorated. Alan Branch texted me that he saw I was signed up and I told him about what the master cylinder was doing. (Black drool from the cap). He said the seals were failing and that I could drive his car. I knew his Eliminator was supercharged, (Heat issues with 2 drivers) and he being about 5'-10" or 11" and having a fixed seat, me being vertically challenged, the no's were outweighing the yes's. So I thanked him for the offer and showed up to work. Then came Andy. Closer to my size and a normally aspirated Eliminator. He said "you can drive this and we will have fun". Well fun was right. That was the most fun I have had in the 18 years that I have been coming to TGPR. Just want to thank Andy and Alan for their generosity and say how good it is to be a part of the SCCA. It is always the highlight of my year to see everybody. And cars are fun.
Welacey is offline   Reply With Quote