Alabama Region Sports Car Club of America  

Go Back   Alabama Region Sports Car Club of America > Events > Time Trials

Notices

Old 04-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #1
Welacey
Racer

Default Fast Drivers

Andy Tow came in 3rd place overall in a miata at Talladega. Robert Russom came in fifth overall. That is unbelievable with all the fast, full blown race cars that were there. They did it in stripped down miatas called Eliminators. They were the most fun cars to watch. Alan Branch has been building these fast platforms and at the same event he ran CSP with a car he built for a friend and acquired 10th overall. These guys always get my respect in there driving talent and desire to always help the other drivers.
Welacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
fwman1
Driver

I second that! They set a high standard on many levels.
fwman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #3
Fusion Works
Driver

And yet, that poor Honda was a few tenths behind those mini rockets. HAHA Watchout, this season will be fun.

Follow us on Facebook
Fusion Works
Fusion Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #4
rodhx
Rodinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Works View Post
And yet, that poor Honda was a few tenths behind those mini rockets. HAHA Watchout, this season will be fun.
The Integra looked good out there...when it was on pavement

Seriously though, that white Acura does make a good looking race car.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:36 PM   #5
Fusion Works
Driver

LOL, I personally had two little agricultural incidents. HAHA. The same can't be said for my shock guy. Granted he is a dirt track kinda guy, maybe he was looking for his natural habitat.

Follow us on Facebook
Fusion Works
Old 04-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #6
Welacey
Racer

Get some rally tyres Brett. You were really looking fast too.
Welacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:13 PM   #7
Fusion Works
Driver

Thats my next plan. HAHA.

Everyone should come run Gridlife instead of Barber. They like us TT types.

Follow us on Facebook
Fusion Works
Old 07-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #8
FVee90
Driver

Typical Brett, bad mouthing the work we do to make this event work. If you haven't notice I brought the entry fee down and I would hope to do even more. But of course Brett posts nonsense since he wants a post he makes but doesn't want to spend time in actually making it work. He seems to forget past examples of trying to make PDX's and L2 TT's work. I'm getting tired of the back stabbing Brett.
FVee90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #9
DelanieC
Racer

"Forza Horizon in real life!" umm what? The folks at Gridlife have obviously never played that game... Ludacris concert? Not if you paid me $500.
DelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:44 PM   #10
Fusion Works
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVee90 View Post
Typical Brett, bad mouthing the work we do to make this event work. If you haven't notice I brought the entry fee down and I would hope to do even more. But of course Brett posts nonsense since he wants a post he makes but doesn't want to spend time in actually making it work. He seems to forget past examples of trying to make PDX's and L2 TT's work. I'm getting tired of the back stabbing Brett.

Mark, I haven't bad mouthed anything about the hardwork anyone does for the Barber event. Not sure why you are going off on me.

Follow us on Facebook
Fusion Works
Old 07-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #11
farrout
Driver

"Everyone should come run Gridlife instead of Barber. They like us TT types."

Sorry Brett but your comment (recreated above) would have upset me too. If you like Gridlife better than TT, you are entitled to your opinion BUT don't crap on the Barber race.

TT is an integral part of the Barber race. TT is the major reason that Barber has become a financial success for TVR and Alabama Regions since TVR took over from Atlanta Region. Without the TT addition, TVR/AL would not be conducting a race at Barber. It is that simple.

About every year, we have modified the TT sessions to meet the needs and desires of the TT Community. Yes, there have been hiccups due to weather when we had to adjust the schedules which have affected both TT and Race drivers.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #12
Fusion Works
Driver

Several of my TT drivers have been screwed on track time and had rough track sessions with road race drivers using the TT sessions as practice. That leaves a bad taste in people's mouth. If you sell the event as a TT for hard core TT people then don't give them the short end of the stick on track time and control the road race drivers that can't seemed to understand the TT concept. Otherwise there won't be any more TT folks that want to come to this event.

Follow us on Facebook
Fusion Works
Old 07-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #13
FVee90
Driver

If you had been paying attention Brett, the issues were heard and we made a change in the run groups (Group C).
When we have rain it causes scheduling problems and everyone gets short changed. I sell the event as Road Race and Time Trial not just a Time Trial. We have spoken to Road Race drivers about conduct. There has been a PDX at Barber and that did not end well in finances and basically TT is not doing well either, and would never be a stand alone event.
As a road race driver I have been screwed on time/as a TT driver I have been screwed on time/as a Solo driver I have been screwed on time. You act as if there has never been a problem with any event except ours or SCCA .......WRONG you argue like Aeroworks.
FVee90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #14
farrout
Driver

Quote:
Several of my TT drivers have been screwed on track time and had rough track sessions with road race drivers using the TT sessions as practice. That leaves a bad taste in people's mouth. If you sell the event as a TT for hard core TT people then don't give them the short end of the stick on track time and control the road race drivers that can't seemed to understand the TT concept. Otherwise there won't be any more TT folks that want to come to this event.
Granted that in the early days we had a few issues with the TT guys and Road Racers running together. Yes, it was mostly with the Spec Miata and SRF guys ignoring the passing rules. We requested TT drivers opinions on ways to fix it and then listened to the TT drivers who responded. The end result is that Group A is open passing and Group C is controlled passing. TT drivers can choose which group they want to run in. Some actually choose to run in the open passing environment because it enhances their driving skills.

You are attempting to sell very old news. The only times TT sessions got shortened was when we had weather problems which necessitated a total schedule makeover. The Road Racers were shorted as well. Racers, HPDE, PDX, TT, Track Days realize that weather and off track excursions can cause problems with the schedule.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #15
Fusion Works
Driver

Well, hopefully this years event will be a success.

Follow us on Facebook
Fusion Works
Old 07-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #16
nicktcr
Holla holla fo' dollas

Quote:
Well, hopefully this years event will be a success.
The best recipe for success is having club members show open support for an event by participating and recruiting their friends. Not the exact opposite, but thank you for the kind words.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #17
DelanieC
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvagner View Post
The best recipe for success is having club members show open support for an event by participating and recruiting their friends. Not the exact opposite, but thank you for the kind words.
This.
DelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote